What Oil to Use in Air Fryer? Good Cooking Tips in 2022
Many people remove fried foods from the daily menu because of the concept that grease is harmful to the health and cardiovascular system. In particular, with the appearance of the air fryer, users can now completely remove grease from their baking. However, you can still use it as an optional option. Cooking oil is not bad if you know the right choice and use it correctly. Join us to learn about what oil to use in air fryer.
What oil to use in air fryer?
The body needs fat, but fat is very high in calories. One gram of fat provides the body up to 9 calories while one gram of protein or one gram of carbohydrates only provides the body 4 calories. In particular, in baking with oil-free fryers, you need to know which oil is suitable and how much to use. Therefore, it is necessary to determine the amount of fat provided for the body properly.
Each cooking oil contains different chemical ingredients. Some are good for stir-fries, some are good for frying, while others are better suited to mixing salads. When cooking, keep a concept in mind called the smoke point of the oil. That is the temperature at which the oil starts to smoke and create substances that are harmful to the body. The more refined the oil, the higher the smoke point.
Here are some popular cooking oils:
If you are looking for an oil that has a special flavor and appeals to your dishes, almond oil will be your top choice. They taste delicious and are low in saturated fat and are great for fried, fried, and salad dishes. Studies have shown that following a diet high in almonds can help prevent the risk of high blood pressure. Including lots of almonds in your diet helps prevent the risk of high blood pressure
A diet rich in avocado can provide many similar benefits to cholesterol regulation as olive oil. Whole butter contains a lot of magnesium and potassium to help the body balance the amount of sodium in the blood, thereby lowering blood pressure in people with hypertension. Like almond oil, avocado oil is great for fries, fries, and salads.
Rapeseed oil does not contain as much omega 3 as virgin olive oil however they are one of the cooking oils with the lowest saturated fat content. Rapeseed oil is especially beneficial for people with cardiovascular diseases such as heart valve disease, congenital heart disease, arrhythmia, atherosclerosis, and aortic aneurysms. Dishes suitable for this oil include baking, cooking, or stir-frying.
One of the best-tasting cooking oils. However, coconut oil contains very high levels of saturated fat, which is the cause of heart disease if used too much. Therefore, people rarely use coconut oil in everyday cooking than other vegetable oils such as olive oil and canola oil. Coconut oil can be added in a small amount and in stir-fries, baked goods, or sauces to add more appeal to the dish.
Oil extracted from nuts such as walnuts, pumpkins, pecans, etc. has been shown to be safe, beneficial for the cardiovascular system, and very good for cooking. However, these oils are usually relatively expensive and are rarely available for sale.
Flaxseed and Wheat Oil
Like olive oil, flaxseed oil and wheat oils are rich in omega 3 and omega 6 – substances that are especially good for the cardiovascular system. People often use these oils for salad dressings or for dipping sauces.
Is cooking oil good for the heart?
- According to the information posted on Xinhua (China), animal fat contains saturated fatty acids, stable chemical structure, is a less toxic substance after heating, heating, so when cooking dishes If you need to fry, you should choose to use animal oils.
- In addition, animal fats contain more vitamins A and D, acids, fats, and proteins that are beneficial to the heart, which can have anti-hypertensive effects and prevent stroke.
- However, animal fat (especially lard) increases bad cholesterol (except fish oils). Therefore, if you abuse animal fat, you are very susceptible to some diseases such as atherosclerosis, diabetes, high blood pressure.
- Vegetable oil is rich in vitamins E and K, rich in unsaturated fatty acids, and low in cholesterol. Vegetable oils often contain essential fatty acids that the body cannot produce on its own and have a positive effect on human health. Especially, some Vitamins are only oil-soluble (Vitamin E), so it is not advisable to remove grease from the diet.
- And everyone thinks that vegetable oil is good food because it helps reduce bad fat LDL cholesterol. However, this is only about reducing the risk factor, not preventing the disease. Meanwhile, vegetable oils also slightly reduce HDL cholesterol (good fat) and studies also show that reducing HDL increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases …
- Eating vegetable oils will promote the body to increase peroxide formation on the walls of blood vessels, liver, and brain cells, causing diseases such as atherosclerosis, cirrhosis, and arterial thrombosis.
How should cooking oil and animal fat be used?
The most scientific way is to eat both types in appropriate amounts, the advantages of one make up for the disadvantages of the other. Experts recommend that the ideal combination of vegetable oils and animal fats in a meal is 2: 1 (2 oils 1 fat). In addition, when buying grease should also periodically change the different brands and products because each oil will provide vitamins and different cooking methods.
Tips when using cooking oil in an air fryer
- Limit fried foods as much as possible, especially fried, because no matter what type of oil you use, this way of processing still produces a higher amount of carcinogens than all food processing methods. other. Especially when frying at high temperatures, it is easy to burn food or fat, producing uncharacterized and unfinished coke products. Organic substances rich in low-carbon hydrogen (H2) will harm the body, potentially causing cancer such as toxic gas PHA (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon).
- When preparing any type of cooking oil, you should not fry it on too high a heat for more than 10 minutes to avoid burning oil.
- It is necessary to distinguish cooking oil for frying and cooking oil for raw cooking. If you want to fry, use coconut oil, or palm oil, or choose the oil with the lowest amount of unsaturated fats (both poly and monounsaturated) possible. These fats may be listed in English as monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fat. (Sometimes it does not use the word fat but instead, fatty acids, are the same). Another option is lard/lard or beef fat.
- Vegetable oils with a high content of unsaturated fats such as sunflower or olive oil should be used in their pure form or cooked in a watery environment (to reduce heat. high cost, easy to ignite), high cost while nutritional value is easily lost at high temperature.
- When frying, it is advisable to turn on the hood (smoke hood) to get rid of the aldehydes flying up in the frying process as quickly as possible.
- Cooking oil after frying should be discarded, not reused, and should be used with new oil.
- Do not mix used oil with unused oil, this use can reduce the flavor of the dish and harm health.
- Store cooking oil in a tightly closed bottle, placed in a cool place, avoid placing it near a high heat source, exposed to direct sunlight.
- If you still like to eat fried foods, stick to foods rich in antioxidants like vegetables or fruits, or juice.
- Eat a balanced diet of meat, fish, and vegetables.
What kind of oil for air fryer should we limit?
As you all know, not all cooking oils are good, such as sunflower oil or soybean oil that Vietnamese people are used to. In it, we should limit the types:
All vegetable oils and seed oils
If your family is using sunflower seed oil, soybean oil, corn oil, or sesame oil or rice oil in cooking, our following information may surprise you. These vegetable oils and seed oils are not really healthy as advertised or published by the mass media. Recent nutritional studies have demonstrated that many of these oils have the potential to increase the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease. Therefore, if you regularly eat out, familiar with fast food or especially love deep-fried dishes of this group, your risk of obesity and heart-related diseases, and cancer in middle age will be higher.
Although peanut oil is not really a seed oil with high omega 6 content, if used for frying improperly, it is very harmful to health. At high temperatures, the “unsaturated” fatty acids in peanut oil react with heat and become free radicals that damage cells and increase the risk of cancer.
Through this article on what oil to use in air fryer, we hope that you can choose the oil that suits your family’s needs and conditions. However, one thing we think you need to keep in mind is that any oil, no matter how much, contains high calories and fat. So when preparing fried beans, grilled chicken, or roasted vegetables, you should limit it to 1 tablespoon to avoid excess fat. Or you can also refer to detailed recipes to master healthy meals for yourself and for loved ones in the family. Please share your opinion in the comments section!