Complete Guide On How To Use Espresso Machine
Coffee machines are gradually becoming familiar in modern life. It will be easy and quick to have a delicious cup of coffee without spending too much time. However, many people still do not know how to use a mini coffee machine properly; follow the article on how to use espresso machine below for more information!
Coffee machine parts
For coffee machines, switch buttons and other feature buttons on the body. The meter displays the temperature and pressure, adjusted by the knob, to accurately measure the water temperature and how to adjust the pressure of the coffee machine to froth the milk. With some machines, there will be an increase or decrease in the number of buttons as well as different display forms; it is necessary to read the structure and function to use the correct function of the machine.
Each machine will have a different boiler capacity, ranging from 1 and can be up to over 12l. Coffee will be compressed and brewed through the group head of the machine, the number of group heads of common machines will range from 1 to 2 group heads. With instructions on how to use the coffee machine to make the famous cappuccino, the steam nozzle and milk whisk can not be ignored, helping to make the milk foam smooth and consistent.
Benefits of making coffee with a machine:
- In the past, making coffee with a filter was still chosen by many people because they liked the richness and sipping that only brewing with a filter could feel. However, to make coffee this way, you need to ensure coffee smoothness, water temperature, compression force, etc. Just one of the above factors is not guaranteed; everything will be different. To overcome the above complex problems, coffee making by machine has been applied. Thanks to the brewing machine, the coffee is evenly mixed, fragrant, and even better than the traditional way.
- The modern coffee machine will support you to the maximum in controlling the water temperature, brewing time, or the appropriate amount of coffee, etc. to ensure the creation of quality standard coffee drops quantity.
- According to calculations, when making coffee with a filter, you need up to 20 grams to 25 grams of pure coffee, but only from 7 grams to 15 grams if brewed with a machine, but the taste and aroma remain intact and even more than imagined.
- In addition, making a filter is just a form of boiling water that heats the coffee, not actually squeezing the coffee essence like when making a machine. Coffee shops now also guarantee their coffee is 100% pure for optimal brewing efficiency and no mechanical wear.
How to use the coffee machine?
Preparation of ingredients
For semi-automatic coffee machines, you can only use powdered coffee because the machine will not have a grinding function, and the appropriate amount of coffee should be used. As for the automatic machine, you can choose to buy any quality fresh roasted coffee beans and put them in the machine. The machine will automatically grind and adjust the amount for each brew.
Clean the machine after each use and avoid coffee residues that cause dirt, causing disease and damage to the machine. With the correct way to use the coffee machine, before turning on the brewing process, you should turn on the machine 20 to 30 minutes before the water in the steam recovery and the whole cup of coffee is heated.
Standard preparation method
One of the factors for a delicious cup of coffee is the correct preparation. You put the coffee into the temper an appropriate amount, press lightly to fix the coffee, press the second time with enough force for the coffee to be compressed thoroughly. The correct way to open the coffee machine is to turn on the extraction immediately after installing the temper in the machine’s group head to avoid burning the coffee. A good shot of coffee will produce the first drop in the first 5 to 8 seconds, and the standard time of about 35ml of coffee is 30 seconds.
The process of making coffee by machine
- Step 1: Start the machine from 20 to 30 minutes for the water and the brewed glass to be heated. When the needle on the machine shows 85 – 92 degrees Celsius, the pressure is from 8.3 to 9.3 bar, then move to the next step.
- Step 2: If it is a mechanical machine, you need to prepare a separate coffee grinder. If it is an automatic machine, you just need to use the function on the machine to grind the right amount of coffee.
- Step 3: At this step, use the tamper to compress the coffee. You use elbows, wrists, and temper in alignment. The first time, lightly compress to fix the coffee plane, then gently blow the remaining coffee powder to fall and press the second time to have enough force. You can do the opposite.
- Step 4: You drain the water for about 3 to 5 seconds when installing the hand mixer into the machine. This will help clean the group head and stabilize the temperature of the brewing water.
- Step 5: Perform the extraction process immediately to avoid burning coffee. The coffee cup needs to be heated before use for the coffee to penetrate evenly.
- The standard time from installing the handle to the first drop of coffee is standard 5 to 8 seconds. If an Espresso shot needs to flow, time is 25 to 30 seconds and produces 30-35ml of pure coffee.
Notes when using the coffee machine
- Choose quality coffee: The coffee machine is only used with powdered coffee, so you need to choose pure coffee that is safely roasted, not using marinated coffee with other ingredients. For example, coffee with added butter will clog the filter hole of the machine.
- Water for making coffee: you should choose mineral water, clean filtered water. If the water has dirt, it will affect your health as well as the life of the coffee machine.
- Use brewing temperature: Temperature directly affects the taste of the cup of coffee. If you use too low a temperature, the resulting coffee will be very pale. Conversely, if the temperature is adjusted too high, the finished coffee will taste more bitter than usual. Therefore, the suitable temperature is around 90 degrees Celsius only.
- Cleaning parts of the machine: The coffee machine can be disassembled some parts easily. You need to clean the hopper, the coffee container after using it every day to ensure hygiene and increase the time of using the coffee machine.
In general, using a coffee machine does not require much technique. However, you also need to know the correct procedure for using the Electrolux coffee machine to enjoy the delicious taste of coffee in the right way, better protect the coffee machine, and increase its service life.
Common mistakes when using coffee machines:
The machine does not work
You need to immediately turn off the power of the machine to keep it safe and avoid electric shock. Then check the power supply for short, fire, or leakage. If the power section is stable, check the power line to determine the cause. The above basic steps can not find the cause, immediately contacting the supplier to receive timely support.
Steam pressure drop error
This error often occurs again when the way to use the coffee machine is wrong. The amount of water exceeds the allowed level in the boiler, causing the volume of steam to be lower, causing pressure drop, and the milk foam is beaten unevenly. The steam is not pumped up continuity. According to some experience using coffee machines, you should only add water according to the specified line for best performance and protection for the machine engine.
Temperature is not guaranteed
If you have used the coffee machine correctly, the machine temperature is not satisfactory. A number of possible causes can be due to a fouled boiler or a faulty thermostat. Please ask for the help of technical staff in this case.
The cause may be because the rubber gasket has become hard and elastic, making the filter unable to attach firmly to the group head and causing water to leak. Maintenance should be carried out after 5 months of use to ensure the quality and durability of the machine.
Weak sniffer hose
It is caused by insufficient pressure in the boiler, making the steam unqualified to froth milk, or the faucet is clogged with dirt. It is advisable to check and clean the faucet regularly to avoid this situation.
The pump of the mixer makes noise
Immediately turn off the power of the machine when hearing strange pumping noises. Check the water supply to see if it is working, the pipes are blocked due to kinks or deposits, and call a technician to avoid serious damage to the machine.
With the above notes on using an espresso machine, have you confidently used a coffee machine? If you have any questions, please leave a comment below so we can promptly respond. Good luck!